August Investments has provided a good return for shareholders over the 2013/14 financial year. Capital growth of shares was 14.3% and the dividends of $8.00 were another 4%, providing a total return of 18.3%. If franking credits on the dividends are added, the total return is an even 20% pa.… read more →
We have indentified Capilano Honey (ASX: CZZ) as a value investment, though we don’t see it as green/ethical one way or the other. Our entry price was $6.00. (Love the ASX code: czzzz…)
RedFlow Ltd (ASX: RFX) has manufactures an advanced zinc-bromide flow battery. After nine years of research, RedFlow has produced a lower cost, longer life product. The product has uses to smooth the output of wind and solar farms, but is also suitable for residential use, allowing homes to go off-… read more →
We have sold our remaining shares in Tox Free Solutions (TOX). There seems to be too much reliance on cleaning waste water from Coal Seam Gas for our likes. At the same time we have topped up or investment in New Zealand’s Meridian Energy contributing shares (ASX: MEZCA). Meridian recently… read more →
Australian Ethical (ASX: AEF) has forecast that its 2013/14 profit after tax will be up between 116% and 160%. The main reason is growth of funds under management. We have topped up our investment in this company.
Should we sell some of our equities and risk missing out if markets rise? Or should we buy more and risk losses if markets fall? Which way to go? Waiting, waiting…
We have taken a small investment in Beacon Lighting (ASX: BLX), which has just listed on the ASX. Eco Investor has rated this company as green with the emphasis on energy efficiency, fans over air-conditioning and the new Beacon Solar division. This last initiative could prove to be a significant… read more →
Our remaining major speculative investment has made remarkable progress in the last few weeks. Carnegie Waves’ wave powered electricity and desalinated water project at Garden island in Western Australia is now well under construction. It will involve three CETO 5 submerged 11m diameter buoys, each producing 240kW of electricity plus… read more →
Geodynamics (ASX: GDY) has sold its operations base near Innamincka in South Australian for less than cost and is to “plug and abandon” some of its geothermal wells. Its other potential geothermal power projects on pacific islands seem to be going through endless approval processes. After such high hopes, this… read more →
Our reasons for investing in Tassal Group (ASX: TGR) are summarised in an article published by Ethical Equities. Tassal farms Tasmanian salmon, thus taking pressure of depleted natural stock. It is our largest equity holding.